Saturday, April 11, 2015

BSO has a synonym. And it is DNA.

OMG. Another BSO!  DNA!    Enough with the TLA.   (three letter acronyms).  DNA has become my Bright Shiny Object that derails me from the articles I want to read, the research I want to do, the updates I want to make.   It has become my downfall.

I get one notice that I have a potential DNA Cousin -- and it can come from 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or FamilyTree DNA -- it doesn't matter which one -- and I am off an running.   Problem is that each has a separate database of potential cousins and there are only a hand full that repeat from one to the other.

So, I need to stop checking the notices, and start reading the articles -- most of them are on how to understand the DNA results and what the meaning of intersections of genetic codes mean.   Good things to know before getting in too deep.

So, BSO, Be Gone, Depart, Leave Me Alone.   At least until I finish a couple more pages......


#genealogy #DNA #geneticgenealogy

No comments:

Post a Comment